Since the early 2000’s Microvellum has been a leading design software used in the residential cabinetry, commercial casework, millwork and office furniture industries. Built on AutoCAD- the industry standard for 2D & 3D design and drafting, Microvellum can accelerate 3D modeling and produce photo-realistic renderings. Coupled with these strong design capabilities, it also has tools for estimation, engineering and production.
All these capabilities are great for your business. However, as your business expands, this amazing tool may not be enough to tackle companywide challenges.
Here are 4 reasons why linking your Microvellum software with Seradex’s ERP solution will save you time and money!
1. Optimize Your Lead to Cash Process
Every sale starts with a lead and ends with a payment. In order to profitably expand your company, you’ll need to generate more leads and convert these to new customers. Seradex can help you:
• Improve your sales process and win more customers.
• Manage your leads, reps and designers
• Track designs, leads, commissions, billing, payments and sales taxes – all in one system.
Seamless ERP integration with your Microvellum software will eliminate all those time-consuming and error prone spreadsheets that you may be using to track your data.
2. Streamline the Purchase to Pay Process
Millwork and cabinet shops spend 30% – 60% of sales buying parts and materials. It’s your single biggest expense. You can create estimates for material spend in Microvellum, yet you can’t create a purchase order. So, many small businesses manage their real-time inventory, purchase orders, receiving, vendor invoices and payments with spreadsheets. However, this can create major problems for growing businesses including:
• Consistently missing all parts required to finish a job
• Costly inventories of unused materials
• Double ordering materials
• Inability to track the rework and the cost of scrap
Connecting Microvellum with Seradex ERP allows you to:
• Generate PO’s in one click – directly from Microvellum’s material and hardware lists
• Track actual accurate job costs for material and labor
• Combine material demand from multiple orders into one PO. This reduces PO count, logistics costs and ensures you maximize your supplier discounts
3. Untangling Manufacture to Ship Cycle
Delivering jobs on time is crucial for customer satisfaction – but dealing with all the moving parts can sometimes feel like a massive juggling act. As your business grows, there are more balls in the air, and it’s harder and harder to track everything.
One common issue facing a growing company is more and more late jobs. Connecting Seradex ERP with Microvellum will help you:
• Implement easy to use scheduling to get jobs out faster
• Ensure shipments are complete and any shortages identified with bar coded and RFID label technology
• Integrate automated sheet handling systems and CNC cut lists
• Manage Cart slot loading at the Edgebander or in the Door cell to streamline material handling and assembly
• Track downtime data from production equipment to eliminate bottlenecks
• Integrate into UPS, FedEx and LTL logistics systems to eliminate double entry and reduce freight costs
• Group work from multiple jobs including panel cutting, stile and rail lists to reduce scrap and increase productivity.
4. Install to Final Payment Process
Not every company installs their products, but if you do, you know that proper installation is critical for customer satisfaction. Studies show that the industry average kitchen install requires 5 visits or more. This lengthy and costly process can be dramatically improved with digital transformation thanks to Seradex and Microvellum.
Applications on mobile devices let installers manage tasks on site such as:
• Crew and Truck Scheduling
• Shipping verification
• Punch Lists
• Customer sign offs
Real-time communication between the shop and the installer ends long punch lists and multiple call backs. The system helps makes sure that what is designed and quoted to the customer is exactly what is shipped and installed.
Are you interested in finding out more information about how you can link your Microvellum or other CAD solution to Seradex ERP? Do you have questions about how ERP can revolutionize your millwork, cabinet or furniture business? Send us a message today at firstname.lastname@example.org !
To learn more about Microvellum